To make the Marriage License Application process smoother, we recommend filling out our Online Marriage Application (Click “Acknowledge” then “Public Login”) prior to coming into the County Clerk’s office to purchase your Marriage License. After filling out the application, you must submit and confirm the application. The system will then provide an Online Marriage License Number (OLM number). Please bring that number to the County Clerk’s office with you.

Marriage Licenses are written in the County Clerk’s office in the Wichita County Courthouse, 900 7th Street, Room 250 Wichita Falls, TX 76301

What to Bring:

The cost for the license is $82.00. Cash and some credit cards are accepted. this fee does not include the cost of the ceremony. If one of our Justices of the Peace are performing the ceremony, you will need to contact their office directly for the times and dates that they are available, and to inquire about their fee.

Both of the applicants need to be present to purchase the license. If one of the applicants cannot be here, please call for further information. Due to State law, effective September 1,2013 marriage by proxy cannot be performed unless the absent applicant is active duty military and stationed/deployed overseas.

Both applicants must provide one of the following VALID forms of identification. Drivers License/State issued ID card, Passport, or Military ID card.

Both applicants will also need to provide their social security numbers and places of birth (city/county/state -or- city/country, if outside the U.S.)

Qualifications and Need to Know Information:

Both applicants must be over the age of 18.

There is a 72-hour waiting period from the time you purchase the license, until you can get married. If one/both of the applicants are Active Duty Military, the waiting period is waived. Must provide Active Duty Military ID.

The Marriage License is valid for 90 days from the time of purchase. You must have a ceremony performed before the 91st day. If the ceremony is not performed within the 90 days, the license then becomes void. If you still desire to be married after that date, a new license must be purchased.

If either party has been divorced, the divorce decree must have been signed by the judge 30 days prior to the purchase of the new marriage license. By state law, we are not allowed to write the license until the 31st day.

For questions regarding a courthouse ceremony, please visit the link for the “Justices of the Peace” under “County Offices” to contact them directly.

If you have any further questions regarding marriage, please call 940-766-8100, and select option 1.