District Clerk: Patti Flores

900 7th Street
RM 303
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
Click for Directions

Phone: 940-766-8100 - option 5

Phone: (940)766-8292 - Jury Information

Duties and Responsibilities


The District Clerk maintains the official record of the Court by receiving all documents for filing in criminal felony cases, family, juvenile and delinquent tax cases and civil court cases.
The District Clerk performs duties beginning at the time a case is filed, during proceedings all the way through disposition, and then through the appeals process and ancillary proceedings that may occur many years after judgment.
After a court case is filed, the District Clerk may be requested by an attorney or directed by court order to issue certain documents. Some of the documents issued may include a citation to notify a party that a case was filed, a capias to have someone arrested, a protective order to keep someone from harm, a writ to withhold income for child support, or an order to sell property to satisfy a judgment. 
According to statutory requirements, the District Clerk gathers data to report to many State and local agencies. This extensive reporting assists the County, the State and the Texas Legislature in determining the proper operations of the Courts, the effectiveness of the statutes and the need for changes.


The District Clerk is responsible for managing the records so they are easily retrieved for court use and public information. The Wichita County District Clerks’ office maintains records that date back to 1882. As custodian of these permanent records, the Clerk must assure that they are preserved and archived.


The District Clerk collects and distributes over $1,000,000.00 annually. The various monies collected are for County and State costs, fines, miscellaneous court fees and money ordered to be paid into the registry of the court.


The District Clerk is the officer of the Court in charge of the jury selection process for Wichita County. Jurors are randomly selected by the County computer system from a source consisting of the current voter registration lists from all the precincts in the county and residents of the county that have a valid Texas driver’s license or valid personal identification card or certificate issued by the Department of Public Safety.


Nikki Tepfer
Chief Deputy



Can you tell me how to file my own divorce?

We are not attorneys and are prohibited by law from giving any legal advice. We cannot give you instructions on filing your divorce or answer any questions on the accuracy of your papers or how to present your case to the judge. If you intend to represent yourself, without the assistance of an attorney, you must have the knowledge to prepare and file the proper pleadings and present your case to the court. We advise you to consult an attorney if you have any questions or are unsure as to what you need to do.

Do I file an exhibit as an attachment or a lead document?

If you want the exhibit to have a file mark on it, then file it as a lead document. If it is truly an exhibit that needs to be attached to a lead document, then file it with the lead document or as an attachment to the lead document

Do I need to file the State mandated Case Information Sheet as a lead document?

No, file it as an attachment to the petition or the application

Do you have the forms to file a divorce?

No. The District clerk does not have the papers or forms necessary for the filing of a divorce or any other law suit or pleading.

How can I find out if there is a civil or criminal suit on file in the District Clerk’s office?

There is a $5.00 record search fee required for each name submitted to the clerk for a record search. This fee must be paid before a record search will be done.

How do I avoid paying $1.00 a page for copies needed for service?

You have the option to bring in a file stamped copy once it is returned to you through e-file or you may mail in a file stamped copy (please do not bring in unfiled copies, they cannot be used).

How do I file an answer when I have been served with a citation?

The District Clerk does not have a form for filing an answer and cannot assist you on how to file an answer. We cannot calculate your answer date for you. We are not attorneys and are prohibited by law from giving legal advice. Consult an attorney for assistance.

How do I get a case set or get information on a court hearing?

To set your case for hearing or to appear on the uncontested docket or to check on a setting, you must call the court administrator of the appropriate court at one of the following phone numbers:

  • 30th District Court 940-766-8180
  • 78th District Court 940-766-8182
  • 89th District Court 940-766-8184
  • County Court at Law No. 1 940-766-8107
  • County Court at Law No. 2 940-766-8111

How do I get a copy of my divorce decree or other copies?

All copies are $1.00 per page. All certified copies are $1.00 per page. Copies of documents may be obtained upon payment of the appropriate fees either in person during regular office hours, or by writing or calling the District Clerk’s office to obtain the purchase amount. Please include the case number and/or names of the parties to the case making inquire.

How do I notify the Clerk that service is needed?

There are service sheets on the District Clerk’s website for e-filing, just send it as an attachment to your document

How many copies are needed for service(these numbers are for serving 1 person, if serving multiple parties, times the number given by your number of people to be served)?

If requesting 1 citation: 1 copy of petition/motion… If requesting 1 citation and 1 notice: 2 copies of the petition/motion and 1 copy of the order setting hearing… if requesting 1 citation  and 1 temp restraining ord: 2 copies of petition/motion and 1 copy of TRO… If requesting 1 notice: 1 copy of the order setting hearing… If requesting 1 precept: 1 copy of petition/motion

If I request service, how is the prepared service returned to me?

There are two different options for picking up service: you, someone from your office or a private process server may pick up your service from our office or you may send our office a self-addressed stamped envelope (large enough to hold the service) and we will mail it to you.

If my document is rejected will it be filed with the original envelope date and time or the corrected envelope date and time?

The original envelope date and time will be used if the original envelope number is provided in the processing notes How do I file a motion that has a notice of hearing date, to be set and signed, within it: We do not read through your document the only way to notify us of this and to make sure that we forward it to the judge before file stamping is to add a note in your comments section stating that there is a needed signature or setting on page ___ please forward to the Judge’s Office before accepting.

What are the office hours of the District Clerk’s office?

The District Clerk’s office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Will the Clerk ever charge a different amount on my credit card then what I sent in?

Yes, if the amount due changes based on it being filed in a District or County Court then the Clerk will charge the fee for that court. This amount will always be less than the original amount, the Clerk will never change the amount to a higher amount due