The County Clerk Is Now A Passport Acceptance Agency
Duties of the County Clerk
Without county clerks, many of government’s underlying responsibilities would go undone.
The main duties of the county clerk are:
- Administering all county and state elections, including early voting and primaries, unless the commissioners court has transferred the function to the tax assessor-collector or an office of county election administrator;
- Serving as clerk of the county court and the commissioners court and keep records of the proceedings;
- Acting as recorder of deeds and other instruments;
- Filing and recording birth and death certificates;
- Recording assumed names, wills and probate;
- Issuing marriage licenses; and
- Accounting for all funds paid to the office by way of fines and fees, and the amount owed to county court jurors for service.
My name is Annette C. Stanley. I am a native ofTexas, born in San Antonio and moved to WichitaCounty in November of 2005. I have been marriedfor 25 years to Michael Stanley, who served in theUS Air Force for 26 years. We are the proud parentsof 5 children and 3…Read More