Zoom Meeting Info
Join The Commissioner’s Court meeting via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 618 367 2620
Dial by your location
346 248 7799
253 205 0468
Click here for a quick PDF guide.
Mission Statement: To provide quality economical services through Wichita County Government
Commissioners’ Court Job Responsibilities
The job of the county commissioner calls for hands-on service delivery as well as policy-making budget decisions. Four commissioners, each elected from a quarter of the county’s population, serve along with the county judge on the commissioners court. In addition to assuring that county roads are maintained, commissioners vote with the county judge to set the budget for all county departments and adopt a tax rate. Among other responsibilities, the commissioners court:
- Sets the yearly property tax rate and approves the budget and employment level for the county;
- Sets commissioners and justice of the peace precinct boundaries;
- Calls, conducts and certifies elections, including bond elections;
- Sets employment and benefit policy;
- Establishes long-range thoroughfare, open space, land use, financial and law enforcement/jail needs plans;
- Acquires property for rights-of-way or other uses determined to be in the public’s best interest;
- Reviews and approve subdivision platting and wastewater treatment for rural areas;
- Provides rural ambulance services and subsidizes rural fire protection;
- Oversees the construction, maintenance and improvement of county roads and bridges;
- Appoints non-elected department heads and standing committees;
Supervises and controls the county courthouse, county buildings and facilities;
Adopts a county budget;
- Determines county tax rates;
- Fills vacancies in elective and appointive positions; and
- Has exclusive authority to authorize contracts in the name of the county.
Commissioners Court is televised on Spectrum Channel 11:
- Mondays – 7PM
- Wednesdays – 8:30AM & 7PM
- Fridays – 8:30AM.
Video of Commissioners Court meetings are posted here.